Mom. Civil Rights Attorney. Fighter.
Growing up poor in rural Oregon, Dufur and The Dalles, opportunity seemed out of reach for Shemia. Oregon’s public schools changed that and gave her a path. Since then, Shemia has worked every day to ensure all Oregonians have that same opportunity. As State Representative and Senator, Shemia has:
- Increased investment in our public schools
- Raised wages and passed paid family leave
- Made housing and healthcare more affordable
- Expanded voting rights.
As your Secretary of State, Shemia will protect the integrity of:
- Our elections ensure every vote counts, every voter has faith that it does, and elected leaders show up for work and honor your votes.
- Our public records, closing the “secret ballot” loophole in Salem and making the government transparent and accountable.
- Our public investments, using audits to ensure public services serve marginalized communities and mitigate climate change’s impact.
These trusted organizations are supporting Shemia Fagan for Secretary of State: